Equation C6090 Transistor Horizontal

Transistor C6090 Replacement for LG TV
Horizontal Transistor C6090

A few days ago, I encountered a damaged LG TV with a shorted horizontal transistor C6090. Before replacing it, I checked the 18 nano (182) capacitor to ensure it wasn't the cause of the failure. Since I didn't have a spare C6090 in stock at home and the local stores were out, I had to find a suitable substitute.

Horizontal Transistor C6090 Replacements

Equation for LG C6090 Horizontal Transistor (21-inch Pearlblack):

  • C6092
  • C6093
  • BU2520AF

LG TV Slim Horizontal Transistors:

  • C6092
  • TT2138
  • C6090
  • TT2222
  • J6810
  • D2499

Toshiba TV (29 inch):

  • D2498
  • D1878

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Can I use a replacement transistor with a different number?
A: Yes, you can, as long as the voltage, amperage, and internal damper diode specifications match or exceed the original C6090 specs.

Q: Why is the 182 capacitor (18 nano) so important?
A: If the resonance capacitor (182) is weak or faulty, the voltage pulse on the horizontal transistor becomes too high, which will immediately destroy the new transistor.

Q: What should I check if the transistor gets hot quickly?
A: Check the soldering joints on the flyback transformer, ensure the heatsink is properly installed with thermal paste, and verify that the drive voltage from the oscillator is stable.

2 comments for "Equation C6090 Transistor Horizontal"